Teach Fido to Shake Paws
By Louise Louis
He’ll find it fun to learn and it’ll help stretch his brainpower. Most dogs
learn this one quickly.
1. Get a treat that’s small enough to hold in your hand but keep hidden
from him when you close your finders.
2. Place your dog in a sit position on a non-slippery surface.
3. Gently tap one his paws with your free hand. Keep tapping it until he lifts
his paw off the ground.
4. As soon as this happens, support his paw in your hand and say “shake.”
Then give him the treat and coo praise at him.
5. Repeat this process four or five times and then stop before either of you
6. Do this exercise a couple times a day for a few days before you expect company.
7. You can stop the teaching once your dog lifts his paw to you when you say “Shake.”
8. If you want to teach to shake the other paw, use the same process but with a
different verbal command. Use “paw” or some other word.
Louise Louis is a certified canine specialist and
creator of the popular website on small dogs,
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Louise_Louis